The best detoxification drink is still made from natural fruit juices, vegetable juices, bioflavonoids, phytochemicals, vitamins and minerals. Avoid detoxification drinks that are made from synthetic chemicals, they may create metabolites in the body which could add more toxins.
Fresh Fruit Detox Recipes
Various fresh fruits when blended are great detoxifier. They are full of antioxidants, minerals and bioflavonoids that help the body eliminate toxins away from the body. The effectiveness of a fresh fruit detox concoction depends on the freshness of the fruits and the fruit combination used in the mix. Avoid using fruits that are possibly contaminated with pesticides, herbicides and chemical fertilizers as this will defeat our purpose of proper detoxification. Fresh fruits like apples, strawberries, lemon zest can be used to satisfy your cravings for a great tasting detox recipe.
2 cups of spinach
1 small zucchini
2 cups of broccoli heads
3 cups of celery stalk
2 cups of red-skinned organic potato peels ( about 1/2 inch thick)
2 quarts of distilled water
Method of preparation:
1. Chop the vegetables into small pieces.
2. Put the chopped vegetables into 2 quarts of boiling water.
3. Lower the intensity of heat and let it simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
4. Strain the vegetable mix and drink the broth.
Smoothies are great breakfast replacement or as a refreshing food after workout and exercise. Smoothies help the body eliminate waste, increase your energy and cleans your colon. They can be used also as a low calorie meal replacement for those of you who want to lose a few pounds of weight.
High fiber fruits, Citrus fruits, High fiber grains, High fiber seeds, Sea salt
1. Choose a high fiber fruit that would act as the base ingredient for your smoothie. Pears, Apples and Peaches with the peel on would be a great tasting base ingredient.
2. Choose a citrus fruit additive to your base fruit ingredient. Lemons and oranges are the best.
3. Add extra fibers from grains or seeds. Dietary fibers actually scrape the linings of the colon which aids in detoxification. Flaxseed, Oat meal and raw Granola are great additions.
4. Mix the ingredients in a blender and then transfer the contents into drinking glass. You can add a pinch of salt into the mix.